- 500g white flour
- 50g caster sugar
- 3g salt
- 4g baking powder
- 5g instant yeast
- 145ml lukewarm water
- 145ml milk
- 15ml sesame oil, plus extra for greasing
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and yeast in a bowl, then add the water and milk and mix the batter.
- Knead the dough until smooth and no longer sticks to your hands.
- Place the dough back into the bowl and let it rest for 60 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and role it into a sausage. Cut 15 equal pieces (60g).
- Role each piece into balls and flatten them out. Oil the flat surface and fold them around a chop stick
- Place your buns on a baking sheet and let them rest for another 30 minutes. Use your steamer (either bamboo or steam cooker) to steam your buns for 10-15 minutes. (Do not forget to leave a baking sheet right under the surface of the bun-otherwise they stick to the surface)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 60g white miso
- Mix egg yolks and lemon juice in a bowl and mix it at high speed with a blender. Continue mixing and slowly add the oil.
- Add the miso and mix until all ingredients have emulsified.
Bao Bun Filling
- 1 spring onion (chopped into pieces)
- 10 cm cucumber (cut into thin slices)
- 10 cm leek (cut into thin slices)
- Mushrooms (Fried)
- Mung bean sprouts