Around 16 pieces
Ingredients for the cake base
- 225 g soft butter
- 200 g refined sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 225 flour
- 1 tsp. backing powder
Ingredients for the cream
- 250 g soft butter
- 250 g icing sugar
- 700 g cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 tsp. Matcha powder
Ingrediens for the filling and topping:
- 250 g frozen raspberries
- 150 g fresh berries such as blueberries
- Heat the oven to 170 °C while spreading some butter and then flour inside of two 26 cm backing tins.
- In a bowl, mix the butter and the refined sugar for the cake base for around 6 minutes.
- Add the eggs one by one and continue mixing.
- Fold in the flour, the vanilla extract and the backing powder at last.
- Spread the dough inside of the two cake tines and place into the oven for 30 minutes.
- For the cake cream, mix sugar and butter for 5 minutes until adding the cream cheese and the vanilla paste. At last blend in the Matcha.
- Place the bottom cake on a plate and spread some of the cream on top. Add the frozen raspberries and spread them on top of the cream.
- Place the second cake on top of the first and spread the cream around the whole cake until covered completely. Add the berries on top and spread with some more icing sugar.