- 6 large egg whites
- 1 pinch of salt
- 300 g of sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients creme and topping
- 350 ml whipping cream
- ½ tbsp corn starch
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C. Cover two sheets with baking paper. Draw two circles of about 20 cm diameter on it.
- Beat the egg white for around 1-minute bevor gradually pouring in the sugar. Then beat until stiff. Finally, fold in the vanilla extract. The egg whites should not fall out of the overturned bowl.
- Sift the corn starch to the egg whites and add the vinegar. Mix everything to a smooth mass. Place half of the egg mixture with a spatula on a circle then place the other half on the other circle.
- Reduce the heat of the preheated oven to 100 ° C (circulating air). Place the meringue in the oven for about 2 hours or longer, while the stem of a cooking spoon in the oven door clamp. For a consistent result, the trays can be rotated from time to time. At the edge, the meringue should be crispy, but still soft in the middle. After baking, allow the meringues to cool slowly in the open.
- Beat the cream with the hand mixer. After a while, add the corn starch and beat the mass until stiff. Place the cream into the fridge before the pavlova is ready.
- Finally arange the pavlova with the cream and the fruits.