Ingredients for 4
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions ( small cubes)
- 200 g carrots (sliced)
- 200 g parsley roots (sliced)
- 650 g venison shoulder (3 cm cubes)
- 150ml red wine
- 600 ml beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 juniper berries (crushed)
- 1 tbsp butter
- bunch of parsley (chopped)
- Use a medium pot and fry onions with olive oil until glazed.
- Add carrots & parsley roots and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add venison shoulder and fry for another 2 minutes by constantly stirring.
- Deglaze with red wine, add stock, bay leaves and juniper berries and place a lid on the pot.
- Simmer for 45-60 minutes.
Ingredients for dumplings:
- 250 g dried white bread cubes (0,5 cm)
- 50g butter
- 1 onion (chopped into cubes)
- 3 tbsp parsley leaves (chopped)
- 3 organic eggs (beaten with a folk)
- 250 ml milk
- 3 tbsp flour
- salt to taste
- cotton cloth (around 30 cm in length)
- Fry onions and butter in a pan until glazed.
- Place dried bread cubes in a bowl and add the glazed onions, the egg, milk and parsley and combine everything.
- Add the flour and the salt and combine once more.
- Use a cotton cloth and place the mixture lengthwise in the middle of it.
- Wrap everything together and tie the ends together with cooking thread. The inside should be wrapped very tight.
- Place in a pot with boiling water and cook for around 10 minutes.
- Remove the cloth and cut into pieces.